After a two hour bus ride, an hour and bit wait in the Montreal airport and a 6 hour flight, I arrived in Amsterdam. My first meal in a foreign country, (1/4 pounder, fries and a diet coke), I did not order beer, but I did have Mayo with my fries, and not the chicken sauce, but mayo for Fries.
After a little waiting (ok, lots), we qued with the other passengers, and went through a rigorous security check, no questions, but all the necessary precautions. Finally, after an 8 hour flight, in the very middle (port and starboard and front and back, I don't think I will ever cross my arms again), we arrived in New Delhi. I was told to prepare for a long, long wait. Not really, once we sorted out the order, the health check (Canada is on the list of Problem countries for H1N1), immigration, and baggage claim, we were through customs, in just under 90 minutes.
One of the first things I noticed was the smell, it was like being in a camp ground, with everyone burning dirty wood. I have not been outside in the daylight, so I am sure the heat will be the next thing that hits, after the noise, (are there now noise restrictions). At the same time, traffic laws don't appear to be strictly enforced. It seems motorcycles and buses have their own set of guidelines, as long as they are honking their horns anyway. I personally thing the horn is hooked up to the odometer, and depending on the setting and you can have a beep ever 1/2 km or even ever 1/10 km.
Well, that is all, no pictures, this time, but I will make sure to post some ASAP.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You mean that you've only discovered now that mayo is good on fries??
middle seat!!!?? On your flight home make sure to choose the aisle so that you can stretch out. Better yet ask to be bumped up to first class! Be safe, have fun.
The horn is what they use instead of signal lights!!!
As for the smells...ewww!!!
Post a Comment